Wednesday 28 May 2014

People's Involvement: Experts by Experience

We are just about to start a group of 'Experts by Experience'. In other words, people who have lived experience of mental illness (as service users and carers).

Here is what one person said as initial feedback:

I would say that the research articles are well written, flow well and are robust. I personally would like references to the research literature and researcher names and a little more methodology i.e. qualitative or quantitative and aim of project. I think these summaries are excellent learning and I would look for research which can be read by the professionals and therefore have a hope of having learning embedded into practice, and sustained over time. I think all the summaries improve professional and user/carer understanding and are very relevant to the issues of today in mental health and in parity of esteem.

No comments:

Post a Comment